With the premier’s announcement of updated rules for sport in the province today, there are some changes to what squash operations can take place between 8 a.m. Tuesday Apr 27 to 11:59 p.m. Friday May 21 2021.
For facilities and within the HRM (Halifax, Guysborough, Hants and Lunenburg Counties) the following changes are in effect:
- Squash clubs cannot operate.
- Competitive play is not authorized, i.e. no organized matches, ladders, leagues or tournaments can take place..
- Squash training programs cannot take place
- Travel into or out of the HRM for sport purposes is prohibited.
For facilities elsewhere in the province the following restrictions remain in effect:
- Squash clubs can operate at 50% capacity.
- Competitive play is not authorized, i.e. organized matches and internal club ladders, leagues and tournaments (max 60 people inclusive of players, staff, spectators coaches and officials) can take place..
- Squash training and practice programs can take place limited to a maximum 10 people including, participants, coaches and volunteers.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- Within the context of minimizing individual social contact circles, players should restrict their playing/practice group to 3-5 players.
- Inter-community sport related travel is prohibited.
Remember that facilities will implement the changes to the rules at their own pace consistent with their approval processes and level of risk tolerance so please be patient.
Remember to practice safe sport:
- Respect – Facility rules
- Prepare – Book in advance
- Screen – Don’t play if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Play – Wear a mask to and from the court, come prepared to play including bringing water/sports drink. Don’t wipe hands on court surfaces during play
- Sanitize on completion of play
- Masked Spectators/team members allowed to watch within the revised gathering limits (50% of the normal capacity)
- Exit the facility after play.
President of Squash NS