Please consider volunteering on the board! Registration deadline is June 13th!
The Board of Directors needs your input and your passion for squash. We are seeking to:
- Fill the positions of President, VP, Treasurer, Director of Competitive Programs, Membership and Volunteer Development and Communications and Advocacy positions as well as two or three members at large.
- Receive at least one nomination from each of the five regions in which there are clubs:
- Cape Breton – CBSquash/Coast Guard College
- Highland – Highland Squash/StFX
- Fundy – Truro (Dal AG Campus)
- Valley – Greenwood/Kings County/Acadia
- HRM – SMU/Dal/CHP/Zatzman
For information on the various roles please see:
- Our Constitution http://nssquash.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2018-06-05-SNS-Constitution-and-bylaws-revised.docx
- The Board Orientation Document http://nssquash.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Squash-NS-Board-Orientation.pdf
Eligibility requirements. Be a competitive member of Squash Nova Scotia, have a passion for your sport as well as having skills and interests to bring to the board.
Process. Register by going to Club locker and signing up for a specific role. If more than one person volunteers for a particular role, a run-off election will be held during the virtual Squash NS AGM on the 27th of June 2020. In the case of an election please be prepared to make a five minute pitch to the membership to support your election.
To volunteer please go to https://clublocker.com/tournaments/12041/info by end of day on the 13th of June 2020 and sign up for the role you wish to volunteer for.
Current Board Members and terms
- President (term expires Jun 2020): Phil Jourdeuil
- Vice President : vacant
- Past President : Gail Lethbridge
- Treasurer (term expires Jun 2020): Beth Cole
- Director Competitive Programs: vacant
- Director Developmental Programs (term expires Jun 2021): Marwan Abouelela
- Director Membership & Volunteer Development: vacant
- Director at Large (term expires Jun 2020): Sam Zhang
- Director at Large (term expires Jun 2020): Ryan Dwyer
- Director at Large (term expires Jun 2021): Evan McNicol
- Director at Large (term expires Jun 2021): Cameron Reid