Squash Nova Scotia is proud to partner with Squash Canada and the Government of Canada in presenting a two hour Girls’ introduction to Squash Camp presented by NCCP Level 3 Squash Coach Melissa Shakespeare.
The free camp, which will take place on Friday the 8th of February 2020 from 4-6 pm at the Homburg Centre for Health and Wellness of Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, aims to introduce the sport of squash to girls 8 years and up. No experience necessary. Indoor shoes and goggles are mandatory. We have a few pair of extra goggles and some racquets if you need to borrow, first come first serve. We look forward to seeing you on the courts!
Please register at https://clublocker.com/tournaments/11966/info
If asked to be a member of Squash NS, please select either the free Child Recreational (U13) or Associate for 13+ Membership types.
Brought to you by the
Funding for gender equity in sport was announced in the 2018 federal budget and aims to achieve gender equity in sport at every level by 2035. The Women in Squash Encouragement Fund has been established by Squash Canada to promote women and girls participation in squash in Canada. The fund will support stakeholders looking to develop new and/or expand current initiatives that build capacity for gender equity in Squash.
Are you looking to increase women’s and girls’ participation in squash? Do you have an idea and need funding to support it? Do you have an established project that can use some additional money? Apply for the Women in Squash Encouragement Fund and get some backing.
- Funding will support new and current projects (i.e. clinics, special events, promotion, coaching, camps, leagues, mentorships, etc.)
- What is available:
- $7,400 is available in $700 and $400 denominations
- Ten grants at $700
- One grant at $400
- Who is eligible:
- Provincial/Territorial squash associations
- Club administrators
- Club Squash Professionals
- Community leaders and/or organizations
- Squash Associations
- Squash players
- November 11 – Online application opens
- December 9 – Application deadline
- December 10 to 18 – Applications reviewed
- December 23 – Applicants notified of outcome
- December 27 – Recipients announced by Squash Canada
- By March 31 – Project/initiative must be completed
- What Details we need from you:
- Submission of your Application Form – CLICK HERE – between November 11 and December 9, 2019
See the full Women in Squash Encouragement Fund Application Guide for more complete information
For information about the Fund and Eligibility Criteria: Application Guide
Fund Application Form can be found here: CLICK HERE
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada