With the premier’s announcement of updated rules for sport in the HRM today, there are some changes to what squash operations can take place between 8 a.m. Friday Apr 23 to 11:59 p.m. Friday May 21 2021.
For facilities and within the HRM the following changes are in effect:
- Squash clubs cannot operate.
- Competitive play is not authorized, i.e. no organized matches, ladders, leagues or tournaments can take place..
- Squash training programs cannot take place
- Travel into or out of the HRM for sport purposes is prohibited.
For facilities elsewhere in the province the following restrictions remain in effect:
- Squash clubs can operate.
- Competitive play is authorized, i.e. organized matches and internal club ladders, leagues and tournaments (max 60 people inclusive of players, staff, spectators coaches and officials) can take place..
- Squash training programs can take place limited to a maximum 25 people including, participants, coaches, volunteers and any parents and guardians that need to be present.
- Spectators are permitted.
- Within the context of minimizing individual social contact circles, players should restrict their playing/practice group to 3-5 players.
- Inter-region or inter-provincial travel competitive sport related travel is prohibited.
Remember that facilities will implement the changes to the rules at their own pace consistent with their approval processes and level of risk tolerance so please be patient.
Remember to practice safe sport:
- Respect – Facility rules
- Prepare – Book in advance
- Screen – Don’t play if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Play – Wear a mask to and from the court, come prepared to play including bringing water/sports drink. Don’t wipe hands on court surfaces during play
- Sanitize on completion of play
- Masked Spectators/team members allowed to watch within the revised gathering limits (50% of the normal capacity)
- Exit the facility after play.
For reference the general return to play guidelines for players and venues are attached for Players and Facilities/Coaches and Organizers.
President of Squash NS