The last month saw a number of national and regional championships take place in which Nova Scotia was ably represented. First the Canadian Junior Championships on the weekend of April 11-14 in Edmonton; then the Atlantics in Moncton on the weekend of the 24-28 of April and finally the Canadian Championships from 30 April – 3 May in Toronto. NS players achieved excellent results in all three tournaments. Click on the links above for the detailed draws and results. Top performers are highlighted below.
Congratulations to Douglas Kosciukiewicz for a 10th place finish at the Canadian Junior Championships on the weekend of April 11-14. With this result Douglas finishes his season as No. 9 in the country in U19 Category. and as the No 1 male in the province of NS in all age categories! Well done Doug!
Congratulations to all of the NS players who won or placed at the Atlantics in Moncton on the weekend of the April 24-28:
- Men’s Open Champion – Matt Bishop, 3rd – Phil Anderson
- Men’s A Champion – Leah Boody
- Boys U19 Consolation Winner – Orlando Ramirez
- Women’s B Champion – Belinda Lau-Beaton, 2nd –Madeleine Khan
- Women’s C Consolation winner – Rawan Abouelela
- Men’s C Champion – Orlando Ramirez
- Boys U17 Champion – Samuel Gallant, Consolation Winner – Graydon Downey
- Girls U17 Champion – Madeleine Khan
- Men’s D and Boys U15 Finalist – Camden Pulsifer
- Mixed 55+ Consolation Winner – Janet MacLeod
Congratulations to the NS players competed in the Canadian Nationals between 30 April and 3 May! You represented us well.
- Matt Bishop who repeats as the Men’s 35+ Champion
- Leah Boody who placed second in Women’s A
- Phil Anderson who tied for 13-16 in the Men’s A
- Niamh Campbell the Women’s A Consolation Plate Winner.