With the Province’s announcement that we are entering Phase 4 of the NS reopening plan effective 8:00 a.m. on July 14th 2021, the following changes to operations of facilities offering squash are approved.
To summarize facilities across the province can operate squash courts under the following restrictions:
- Squash clubs can operate
- Contact tracing, mask use, physical distancing and other public health measures remain in effect within the common areas of the facility.
- Competitive play is authorized i.e. Organized matches, internal club ladders and box leagues.
- Singles, Doubles and Cut-throat play is authorized
- Tournaments are authorized.
- Squash programs can take place limited to a maximum 25 people indoors including participants, coaches and spectators
- Spectators are permitted within the overall indoor and program gathering limits.
- No social activity is permitted.
- Within the context of minimizing individual social contact circles, players should restrict their social/playing/practice group to a consistent group of no more than 25 people.
- Inter club leagues can take place, if all of the host clubs are willing to participate and each of the divisions each stay under the 25 player cap including players and officials.
- Players and coaches can travel within NS to train.
- Players are authorized to travel to play remembering that they must meet any entry/re-entry requirements for quarantine of the host province and NS.
Remember that facilities will implement the changes to the rules at their own pace consistent with their approval processes and level of risk tolerance so please be patient.
Remember to practice safe sport:
- Respect – Facility rules
- Prepare – Book in advance
- Screen – Don’t play if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Play – Wear a mask to and from the court, come prepared to play including bringing water/sports drink. Don’t wipe sweat on court surfaces during play
- Sanitize on completion of play
- Masked Spectators allowed to watch within the current gathering limits
- Exit the facility after play.
President of Squash NS