We have confirmed with the province that Phase 2 of the NS reopening plan permits competitive play within a club effective 8:00 a.m. on June 16th 2021, like has been authorized for Tennis and Golf.
To summarize facilities across the province can operate squash courts under the following restrictions:
- Squash clubs can operate
- Contact tracing, mask use, physical distancing and other public health measures remain in effect.
- Competitive play is authorized between club members i.e. Organized matches, internal club ladders and box leagues.
- Tournaments and Inter-club and team leagues are not authorized.
- Squash training programs can take place limited to a maximum 10 people indoors including participants, coaches and spectators
- Spectators are permitted within the overall indoor gathering limits.
- No social activity is permitted.
- Within the context of minimizing individual social contact circles, players should restrict their social/playing/practice group to a consistent group of no more than 10 people.
- Inter-club, inter-regional and Inter-provincial competitive play is not authorized, including travel to competitive events outside of your home club
- Players and coaches can travel within NS to train.
Remember that facilities will implement the changes to the rules at their own pace consistent with their approval processes and level of risk tolerance so please be patient.
Remember to practice safe sport:
- Respect – Facility rules
- Prepare – Book in advance
- Screen – Don’t play if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Play – Wear a mask to and from the court, come prepared to play including bringing water/sports drink. Don’t wipe sweat on court surfaces during play
- Sanitize on completion of play
- Masked Spectators allowed to watch within the current gathering limits
- Exit the facility after play.
President of Squash NS